Mapping the Industry, Job Roles & Skills
We are assembling a partnership to map the landscape of solar jobs roles and skills - a jobs taxonomy. Our objective is to develop and sanction a internationally accepted jobs taxonomy for the jobs across the solar and distributed energy value chain, including material resources and calls to action for key stakeholders at an international level, and a domestic deep dive for partnering nations.
This taxonomy will answer key questions like:
- What is the profile and distribution of solar jobs across the value chain to enable current and future demands?
- What futurist scenarios do we see for solar that impact the workforce?
- What transition roles are opportunities for upskilling or reskilling?
- What roles and where in downstream need greater support or a certain focus and filter?
- How will digital technologies impact solar job profiles and needed competencies?
- What are the economic development and long term employment implications that most impact solar and distributed energy job areas?
Key outputs for public policy and education stakeholders will include:
- State of the Workforce, Future & Drivers
- Mapping Technical Domains & Competency Frameworks
- Community of Roles & Base Descriptions
- Generation of Domains & Roles
- Role Impacts
- Breakout Roles
- Transition Roles
- Role Clusters
- Success Profiles
- Calls to Action